Friday, December 20, 2013

A Special Thank You

I love you little brother.
As I continued preparing for the holidays, yesterday I gathered up all of the gifts that were being delivered by so many of my co-workers (friends) to my office during the past month for my little brother's family. I took them to my parents and we discussed how best to give the gifts to Ian's 2 young children and what to say. I actually cannot remember the names of all who have reached out to offer their love and support to me, during this most terrible time. However I wanted to simply take a moment before the holiday rush to say "thank you" to everyone who has reached out to me to offer their love and support.

My little brother was, so unfairly taken from his family by a drunk driver on the evening of October 4th, 2013. These past few months have been a real struggle for me and I believe I have carried on as best as can be excepted but I cannot believe that there will be no more road trips, no more concerts, no more Sunday NFL football (Ian's Eagles and my Broncos), no more music talk, no more political debates, no more just sitting around talking and enjoying a pint or two together and no more being there for each other. Even a simple thing like watching football on Sundays are diminished now.


I must say I am amazed that there is barely a moment since October 4 that I have not felt sad. Sure sometimes my sadness gets over powered by other things going on in the moment but it is always there.
Just some of the gifts from my co-workers for my brother's family this holiday season.

One thing that I have learned from this terrible - tragic - unnecessary experience is that I really do have true friends out there and I am very thankful to everyone for everything everyone has done these past few months.

On a professional end 2013 was a great year, on a personal end, 2013 you cursed me.

2013 you will not be missed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment