Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Facebook's Posting Glitch is Fixed!

Yesterday morning when I was attempting to post two very important Facebook updates, one being my Samsung Smartwatch review and the other my sad comments regarding the Denver Broncos and my fantasy football teams I was presented each time with a Facebook Update error. Oh the tragedy of it! Being frustrated I first blamed the Disney Resorts wireless which has been plagued with a case of the "slows" and then I tried out different browsers, all with the same error message (below).

Oh the horror! Facebook Refusing to post an update!

Frustrated and confused I carried on with the rest of the morning which included preparing for Disney's Hollywood Studios and having coffee with the wife. I was a little worried for my regular readers on Facebook but I tried not to think to much about them and simply hoped the Facebook update ability would be restored sooner then later.

As I had hoped, later in the morning my posts were going through from the Disney Parks and my friends were back in business with updates from me!

Later in the day, after a little research I found the following information, confirming that it was not me, my browsers or Disney World.

Facebook said it blamed network maintenance for troubles that kept users around the world from posting updates Monday morning. Users also couldn’t upload photos, share websites, or make payments during the outage.

Facebook said the outage has been fixed and that all users should be up and running as normal. It lasted for a few hours Monday morning, Facebook said,
“Earlier this morning, while performing some network maintenance, we experienced an issue that prevented some users from posting to Facebook for a brief period of time,” a Facebook spokesman told Computerworld. “We resolved the issue quickly, and we are now back to 100%. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.”

What is weird is that the world continued to rotate normally and people went about their normal routines even during the time period of Facebook posting services being down. Maybe there is hope for us afterall....

No comments:

Post a Comment